CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Check and check!

So my last two requirements were done today!  I had my pre-registration with the hospital earlier in the day (check!).  I had to get off work early, but it needed to be done.  I went in and filled out lots of paperwork and then I went down to the bariatric unit and met with the nurse there.   She was really nice and made sure I understood all the directions and also gave me some antiseptic skin cleanser to use the morning of surgery to prevent infections.  Then I had to go down to see respiratory unit to get my volumetric incentive spirometer that I will use after surgery.  I have heard that I need to make sure I use that, as it helps with the whole process, as stuff gets stuck in your lungs and makes post-op yucky.

After that appointment, I went over to see my surgeon (check!).  This was my last visit with him before the big day :)  He was very happy I had lost 10 lbs. since I last saw him and was assured my liver would be nice and small for Monday.  We discussed that I would need to purchase some magnesium citrate to take the night before surgery (so looking forward to that, lol!) and that I would be on full liquids on Sunday.

I plan on going shopping tomorrow for some last minute items, like the full liquids and things for the hospital.  Hope I don't forget anything...Also, I plan on gathering and taking some before pictures and taking my measurements this weekend.  I really do enjoy seeing the transformation of others and will be equally ecstatic about seeing mine, although I am sure they will be painful to see.  I will be very busy in the next few days, trying to do as many home visits with my foster kids and reports done this week so I don't get behind at work.  I am very fortunate that my boss is telling me to take my time to heal and isn't pressuring me to make a return date that is final.  I LOVE my job :)

I do have to say...I have had a HUGE smile on my face all afternoon since leaving the hospital and seeing the surgeon.  I cannot believe that this time next week I will be sleeved and getting ready to go home!  WOW!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So excited for you! You are going to rock your surgery! Cannot wait to follow you progress! One piece of advice, as soon as you are able, get up and start walking the halls.. It really does help you feel better! I had RNY but if you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me! Good luck and see you on the losers bench!