CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

On to solids!

Met with the surgeon for my one month appointment.  Actually I met with his nurse, because they were running two hours behind schedule due to delayed surgeries in the morning and he was busy with new consults.  I already waited over an hour to be seen and it would be even longer to see him.   I love his nurse and she said seeing him wasn't really necessary, so I just talked to her.  She gave me the list for one month operative diet and I almost cried in her arms.

I can now eat fresh fruit.  FRESH FRUIT!  Mmmm, summer fruit.  I can now have vegetables.  ANY vegetable.  She said I can have salad with light dressing.  I can have chicken, turkey, shrimp, crab meat, any kind of fish.  I still cannot have red meat, pork, bread, rice, pasta or tortillas.  I love that my food choices have really expanded.  I was so sick of cheese and yogurt.  I am so looking forward to salad and fruit these summer months.  I realize I can still only eat about 2 ounces at a time, but just the thought of fresh food is joyous.

I also had a HUGE NSV yesterday!  I was in a staff meeting at work and I looked down.  I was crossing my legs.  CROSSING MY LEGS :)  I cannot remember the last time I was able to do that.  It was a nice feeling.

1 comment:

Jacquie said...

You are rockin it Sandy! I am so excited for you! My surgery is Friday....I cannot wait!