CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, June 10, 2011

Here we go again!

Another weekend, another couple of days away, in a hotel for a softball tournament for my oldest daughter.  I will be strong!  Hee hee.  I promise not to cry in the bathroom stall this time, even though a team BBQ is planned for tomorrow night.  I am getting used to having all this food around, but it still is not easy.  What is making it easier is that I am fitting into smaller clothes.  Woo hoo!  I am wearing pants and shorts that I didn't think I would be wearing until the end of summer.  I am getting comments all the time from people that didn't know I had surgery.  I cannot believe I am already in the 230's.  Seriously!  I started out at 282 lbs. before my two week pre-op diet and it hasn't even been 4 weeks since surgery.  This sleeve is a powerful tool.

I have realized, though, that I am not much of a tracker.  I have not tracked my food or water or protein at all.  I know I am not getting enough of anything.  I have tried all the websites mentioned on forums that I read, I just forget to do it.  I start off really well and plan my day, but then I begin to eat or drink something and I never finish it.  Like this morning.  I pour myself a protein shake and have all intentions of drinking it during my 1+ hour commute to work.  I think I maybe finished 1/4 of it.  I am drinking water right now at my desk, but I have probably only finished 10 oz. of it.  I get full really fast.  That is a goal for mine next week, to start logging all that I put in my mouth.  I probably will be amazed at how little I am actually eating.

I have my one month appointment next week when I am expected to move to solid foods.  I am so excited!!  I miss my favorite foods.  Also, my husband's tests and information are all turned into insurance.  So all is left for him is approval and scheduling!  I am thrilled he is going to be on this journey with me soon!

4 comments:

Jacquie said...

I cannot believe you are almost a month from surgery already! That went really fast! My surgery is next Friday and I am a nervous wreck!

Have a great weekend and congrats on your fantastic weight loss!

Sheila said...

You are doing fantastic Sandy! And I'm so happy that your hubby gets to join you on this jouney. I highly recommend doing this as a hubby/wife team to any couple where both partners are morbidly obese!

Unknown said...

I've never been a logger and personally I don't think that it would help me much if I did. Early out, setting a timer helped me get my water in. Every 15 minutes, I'd get my fluids in. I also made sure that I ate and drank at specified times. That helped me in the beginning. It'll get easier.

Christine said...

Solid foods!!! So exciting!!! Keep up the good work! Let me know if you have any questions. I'm 2 years out from surgery (and reached my goal weight) so I've kind of been through all the stages. :-) You've lost 50 pounds though...that's amazing! Keep it up!!
Christine
www.phoenixrevolution.net