CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Halloween is scarier than I remember!

So, here it is...my first "holiday season" post weight loss surgery.  I think I would do okay if I was on my own or if it was just my husband and myself (although he really does have a sweet tooth!).  I do think, however, it is going to be hard with my children, bringing all those yummy treats home.  Whether it is baked goods (cookies, cakes, breads) or the Halloween candy (!!), it is inevitable that it is going to be in our home.


I think I need to make a game plan for the next few months.  I had all my girls "hide" their Halloween candy this week so I wouldn't have it staring at me.  It has worked for the most part, as out-of-sight-out-of-mind, but I still have indulged more than I have in the last few months.  I am up a couple pounds, too (not going on the ticker, of course!).  Kinda getting me down.  BUT, with a game plan, I will turn this around. :)
  1. Drink more liquids, not just water.  I get in my bare minimum daily.  I am going to try and add more variety to my liquid intake.  During these winter months, hot drinks are more appealing, so I will research some yummy alternatives.
  2. Do some form of moving every day.  I am not talking going to the gym for an hour or strenuous sweating ;).  I am talking about walking, wii fit games, yard work.  Just moving more.
  3. Make sure I have protein options with me when we go out (either to gatherings or on the road).  These can be almonds, protein bar, pre-packaged protein snacks, etc.
  4. Plan ahead!  Plan meals and stick to them.  This really helps me.
Luckily I am not yet even 6 months post-op, so I am not cleared for any alcohol drinks yet.  Those calories add up really quick.  However, I will be cleared for more carbs later this month (bread, rice, pasta, tortillas), so I am a little nervous about adding them to my diet.  It has been a little "freeing" not being able to eat them.  They are a huge trigger for me and mostly what got me to needing surgery in the first place.  I have indulged a few times in the past month (shared a wrap with my husband, for instance), but not much else.  <<shiver>> This is almost as scary as the candy.

No comments: