CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Today's the day...for my husband!

Right now I am sitting in the waiting room, having just kissed my husband goodbye as they wheeled him away.  I am so excited for him to also have this VSG surgery.  He wasn't really nervous, but maybe a little apprehensive.  I am praying that my husband has an easy time during surgery and recovery.

I am really looking forward to sharing this journey with him, the good and the bad:  being able to share meals with him, having him understand the whole process of pain and recovery and also of our changing bodies, and mostly just getting healthy together and enjoying life with our daughters. 

A note on my journey...I still am not out of my stall, but I had gained as much as 1-3 lbs. during these last 5 weeks and fluctuated there forever.  I am now, however, down to my lowest weight since the beginning of the stall, so I am hopeful to see the scale move again soon.  I am truly loving my sleeve now, feeling great and enjoying my small portions.  I am also not feeling sick at all anymore, which I am sooo thankful for. I had my 2 month surgiversary, but forgot to blog about it, probably because of the stall. I did take my measurements and was happy to see I had lost a lot of inches in all the areas (I don't have the info here in the hospital, but I will try and remember to post them later).

Goal for this month is to drink all my WATER!  Geesh, such a struggle for me!


2 comments:

Sheila said...

YAY YAY YAY!!! I am so happy for you guys!!! You will be a great example and motivator for him. I am so thankful every day that my hubby decided to have the VSG as well. We are totally on the same page now on food, exercise and health. We both easily look AND FEEL 10 years younger! Good luck with surgery/recovery, and glad your stall is almost over!

Samantha said...

Yay! Im so excited for him and for you guys to be able to share this journey togethr! Praying for a speedy recovery