CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Met with the surgeon!

FINALLY met with Dr. Suh :)  It seemed like that would never happen.  I still don't have a surgery date, but it is getting closer. First I had to watch a 45 minute video on bariatric surgery.  Then,  he went over a lot of stuff, very fast.  He told me to start taking multivitamins, vitamin C, and gave me a prescription for Prilosec.  He also told me to go off of carbs and limit my sugars, alcohol, and carbonated beverages.  I still have to have a chest x-ray and labwork, plus attend his pre-op class.  He stated it would be 6 weeks, at least before my surgery.  So, hopefully a March surgery date!!  YAY!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

YAY! Glad you are blogging again and glad you are going to be on the loser's bench soon. Cute blog!!

Debi said...

Hi Sandy, I Followed you in your last Blog as well, and I am glad to see that you are still here! I noticed that you are having the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy done instead of the Lap Band. Is this what they also call the Gastric Sleeve?

I did have the Lap Band 17 months ago, and I wonder now if I should have had the Gastric Sleeve or the Bypass done instead....I will definitely will be Following you to see how you do.

If for some reason I have problems, like some Bandster's do, then I will probably go for the Gastric Sleeve as well.