CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Adorable Blog Award

Apparently, I was nominated for the Adorable Blog Award by Sheila at This One Body.  Thank you so much, Sheila!!


So the rules of the award are as follows:
  • Thank the person who gave you this award, and link back to them in your post.
  • Tell us 10 things about yourself.
  • Nominate your blogger's
  • Contact these blogger's and let them know they received this award.
EEK!  Not sure I like this award, lol!, but here it goes!

10 things you may not know about Sandy:
  1. I don't like to blog.  There, I said it.  I am not a very good communicator nor do I like writing.  I blog because I don't want to talk about my weight loss issues with my "real life" friends.  I am sure they would get tired of hearing about how many pounds I have lost or what I could or couldn't eat that day. I need to get all this info off of my chest and get it out there, and this is the only way I could do it (except maybe journaling).  I have found, however, I really crave the feedback and the support that bloggers give and that is invaluable.
  2. I am a social worker.  I received my Masters of Social Work before I got married and had kids and only worked for a short time.  Once my first daughter was born, I stayed home to raise her and became a stay-at-home mom for 12 years.  I just recently went back to work last year.  I am a social worker for foster children and work for a small non-profit agency, placing kids with Christian families.  I LOVE my job and the people I work with.
  3. My husband and I have 3 daughters (THREE!).  They are 13, 11, and 8 1/2.  They are a joy and make me smile every day, even as they are entering puberty and the teen years.  God has blessed us tremendously.
  4. I will try any food...once.  I like most foods, even though I have some that I like more than others.  My favorite food, though, is sushi.
  5. I really dislike showers...that is either bridal or baby (not the daily water kind, lol!).  I really dislike the games and the giggly ladies.  Not my thing.
  6. Another thing I dislike?  Christmas card newsletters.  Ick.  Frankly, they really are just brag-fests.  "My kid won this and that this year" or "we went on these vacations this year".  Occasionally,you get the one creative one that is funny, but usually I want to gag after reading them.
  7. Even though we live out in the country (i.e. "middle of nowhere") in Southern California, and there are cowboys and redneck trucks at every turn, I truly dislike country music.  I never have and never will.  My whole family loves it and most of my friends do, too.  I just find it grating and it makes my head hurt.
  8. I watch entirely too much television.  Thank God for dvr's.  I hardly ever watch live tv anymore, but my dvr is full and I can watch what I want when I want to.
  9. My husband has muscular dystrophy (that was a mood killer, huh?).  He started showing signs right after we got married and was tested.  When we met he was athletic and fit.  He is still adorable, but the disease has progressed in the last 13 years and he has trouble walking and falls a lot.  Since he is not active, he has gained a lot of weight.  He also is getting VSG and is scheduled for surgery on July 26th!  Yay!
  10. I have wonderful parents!  They retired a few years ago and moved closer to be near me and my family.  They are the most dedicated grandparents to my kids and my girls adore them.  I cannot thank them enough for their support and love.  My mom is my greatest encourager and supporter.  I feel very blessed.


Now to nominate my bloggers...well, I only have 12 followers.  I am sure that is mostly due to the fact that I don't put myself out there much in the way of commenting or posting in forums.  I am not sure where some of you guys find the time, lol!  I think most of my bloggers have already been nominated for this award before, with the possible exception of PenPen at Slice of Healthy, Please.  She had her surgery just this past Wednesday.  She is continuously joyful and upbeat and I look forward to reading her posts.

Thanks again, Sheila, for the nomination!  I feel connected to you, too, and will be forever grateful that you emailed me all those months ago!  It has changed my life :)

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Awww, I'm feeling the love! And enjoyed getting to know more about you too!